October 31, 2014, 08:50:44 AM *
News: ****** AN 'IDEAL' NIGHT OUT 2013 pt1 -  @ Just the Tonic, Nottingham (10-02-13). With Johnny Vegas, Graham Duff, Ben Crompton, Joanna Neary, Peter Slater & guests ******

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal OST  (Read 14826 times)
Moz
Green Blitz
Administrator

Mood:
Exhausted

48977221 scarletchaos@hotmail.co.uk tearingmedown *
View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 05, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »

You can purchase this great soundtrack at the likes of Amazon, Play, HMV, Zavvi, BBC Shop, and all good music retailers.

Below are some of the details of the CD.

Track Listing

1. Candidate - Song Of The Oss
2. Ugly Duckling - Everybody C’mon
3. The Go! Team - Get It Together
4. Brassy - I Can’t Wait
5. Domestic 4 - Tascam
6. 3 Amigos - Louie Louie
7. A Guy Called Gerald – Voodoo Ray
8. Fingathing - Come On Girls
9. Le Tigre - Friendship Station
10. Gooligan - Kiss The Minority
11. Chem 7 - Deep Blue
12. Wire - Raft Ants
13. Slipstream - Everything & Anything
14. Broadcast - Lights Out
15. Dub Pistols - Unique Freak (Sirconical Mix)
16. Lobe - Placebo (Edit)
17. Topo Gigio - Locked Out (Edit)
18. Colin Newman - Fish 11
19. Lucky Pierre - Dawn, Burst & Tired
20. Bruce Gilbert - Angel Food (Excerpt)

From The Label

This ‘original soundtrack’ truly features music from the new BBC2 TV series starring Johnny Vegas, created by Steve Coogan’s Baby Cow Productions company and has been complied by the Ideal series writer, Graham Duff. These tracks feature prominently in the television series and are integral to the show’s impact and appeal. Ideal mixes pathos with a very dark humour, depicting a world of sex and drugs and the dole.

The track list is a cutting edge assortment of music styles from different decades with a post-hacienda flavour ranging from; A Guy Called Gerald’s "Voodoo Ray" to Mercury Music Prize award nominees The Go Team’s "Get It Together". The album also includes well-known classic tracks and lesser-known releases from underground labels such as Warp, Melodic, Grand Central, Mute and Bad Magic.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:36:31 PM by Moz » Logged

http://www.ghostrx.net
"Shit, it's a sparkler!".
Moz
Green Blitz
Administrator

Mood:
Exhausted

48977221 scarletchaos@hotmail.co.uk tearingmedown *
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »

Here's some 'Product Details' directing from Amazon UK.

Product details

Audio CD (7 Nov 2005)
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Dmg TV
ASIN: B000BH2U1E
Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 10,196 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music

http://www.ghostrx.net
"Shit, it's a sparkler!".
Stoned Bear
Global Moderator

Mood:
Mellow

Me & My Tits Have Got Better Things To Do

Stoned+Bear Stoned+Bear
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »

I can't find this for sale or download anywhere & even used copies appear to be overpriced - Has anyone else found it?

JohnnyThunders
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »

I just had a little look round and it does seem to be either not in stock or expensive - £19.99 on Amazon was the ONLY one i could find  Cry
Not much help im afraid.
Did stumble across dvds for S1 and 2 though on play.com for £4.99 inc delivery. Which is a steal.
PC Luke
Global Moderator

Mood:
Confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u

lukeguest07@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:35:21 PM »

If we have no luck I could get each track 1 by 1 if anyone would interested?

Stoned Bear
Global Moderator

Mood:
Mellow

Stoned+Bear Stoned+Bear
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

I did have a quick look at that myself but soon gave up. I would be interested though.

JohnnyThunders
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 02:33:47 AM »

I did have a quick look at that myself but soon gave up. I would be interested though.

Snap - I think i got Song of the Oss and a Fall track before giving up and having a bong.
PC Luke
Global Moderator

Mood:
Confused

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »

I've never been successful at getting the full theme song. The Fall tracks should be no problem though

PC Luke
Global Moderator

Mood:
Confused

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »

I've managed 4 of the 20 tracks so far. Any tracks from series 1 that any of you had would really help towards my search Smiley

Stoned Bear
Global Moderator

Mood:
Mellow

Stoned+Bear Stoned+Bear
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »

Which tracks have you found so far?

PC Luke
Global Moderator

Mood:
Confused

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »

A guy called gerald - voodoo ray
juan trip - shadows
the go team - get it together
3 amigos - louie louie
Dub Pistols - Unique Freak
Candidate - Song Of The Oss
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:30:27 AM by Stoned Bear » Logged

Stoned Bear
Global Moderator

Mood:
Mellow

Stoned+Bear Stoned+Bear
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 03:17:41 PM »

At long last!

After a lot of hunting I finally found a copy in an online Oxfam shop. I think it is the most expensive CD I've ever bought but I had to have it. I found this foreword written by Graham Duff on the sleave of the Ideal Soundtrack album I thought you might enjoy reading it to.

For obvious reasons, the majority of writers prefer to write in silence. It eliminates the distractions and helps to focus the mind. I however, belong to that breed of scribes that are only able to really work effectively when loud music is pumping from the speakers. Indeed, it’s pumping now, as I write this ...

Like many music fanatics, I became hooked very early, and my first purchases acquired at the age of nine, weren’t top 20 singles, but soundtracks by John Barry and Henry Mancini. To this day soundtrack albums whether scored or compiled from existing tracks still occupy a special place in my heart.

Unfortunately, over recent years, the film and TV soundtrack album has become an increasingly bastardised form. Often companies will take a bunch of recent mainstream hits, and validate their appearance on the album by using four seconds of them during the show – say momentarily blaring from a car radio which the character turns off before getting out to solve a crime.

Another common ploy is to bolster a soundtrack album with songs, which only feature during a film’s lengthy end credits, so that what the music is actually sound-tracking is a list of companies who made wigs and supplied the lenses. Not to denigrate the work done by these people, but I remain to be convinced that audiences hanker after the music which plays when they’ve already left the cinema.

But by far the most tenuous and cynical of all soundtrack albums are those that bare the words: Music inspired by the motion picture (ie. Music inspired by the need to endlessly extend the franchise)

However, what you hold in your hands is a genuine soundtrack album. This is a selection of songs and tunes which feature prominently in Ideal and are integral to the show’s impact and appeal. If you enjoyed the series then the chances are you also enjoyed the music. If so, here it is. Some of these tracks are nearly twenty years old, others are very recent, whilst some are so slap bang up to date that this album marks their first official release.

A number of these groups such as Wire, Candidate and ISAN already have several fantasic albums to their credit. Others, such as The Go! Team and Domestic 4 have thus far only released wonderful debuts which promise much for the future. If you find tunes on this soundtrack which excite or move you then I sincerely hope that you are encouraged to seek out further tracks and albums by these bands. What you might call “Music purchases inspired by the TV series”.

The part about not being able to work in silence “strikes a chord” for me. If it is silent, the parts of my brain that aren’t fully occupied wonder off and find things of their own to do or to think about  - this then distracts me!  So I also have music, or at least a radio, playing all the time.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:49:29 PM by Stoned Bear » Logged

PC Luke
Global Moderator

Mood:
Confused

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »

Great stuff, we need another OST!

VivaMongo
Skinner Time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »

The Ideal soundtrack is now as rare as hen's teeth, except for crazy cash via Amazon resellers. And I mean crazy - maybe 20 quid at the low end of the list is just a tad expensive but some peeps have got it selling for 120 quid!

Count yourself lucky if you've got a copy.

Someone gave me a t'internet aquired compilation but most of the tracks skipped like a kangaroo on springs. Most frustrating as this is one fantastic album for fans of the show. Even hearing fragments I was transported right back to the episodes they featured in. Mr Duff certainly knows and loves his music and it really is an integral part of the show. The only other show I know that took as much care of the music in it was that other fine series, Spaced. I finally managed to locate a promo version with all the complete tracks and it should arrive in the next week or so. Can't wait!
Stoned Bear
Global Moderator

Mood:
Mellow

Stoned+Bear Stoned+Bear
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 10:44:53 AM »

Welcome to the forum VivaMongo make yourself at home and happy posting. All music lovers welcome.

Mongo like candy?

& I thought the Aussies only listened to AC/DC & The Wiggles

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: